10 Framing facts
Our top 10 facts about picture frames …
1. Van Gogh once said : “ A picture without a frame is like a soul without a body”.
2. The world’s largest picture frame is situated in Dubai, the structure simply dubbed as “Dubai Frame” is 150m tall and 93 meter long. Looking through it in one direction you see the hotels and skyscrapers on Sheikh Zayed Road : The emirate’s bright and gleaming future, looking the other way, you glimpse back at the old residential neighborhoods.
3. There is no copyright law on frames, so there is no stopping one maker from mimicking another which has resulted in many frames looking like earlier frame designs.
4. Among the first picture frames known to exist, is a frame made of wood from the 50s to 70s AD found in an Egyptian grave and features a portrait of a woman. The early artwork of mummies thousands of years old has shown how Egyptians carved frames into the same pieces of wood as the paintings.
5. The largest collection of picture frames is owned by Lara Khoury from the United Arab Emirates. Lara Khoury has 2,214 different picture frames which she has been collecting since 1992. Lara Koury brought her first frame while she was studying in Boston, USA
6. An American frame can be distinguished from a European frame by its iconography. The acanthus leaf, for example, is a typically European design. Yet, in 1950’s as the US became an agricultural power images of tobacco, wheat and corn begin to appear on frames.
7. Renaissance Italy marked the establishment of frames themselves as works of art as they featured elaborately within altars and other icons to house religious figures , commissioned by the Church.
8. The Fine Art Trade Guild was established to promote, develop and inform the picture industry, it now continues to set standards & guidelines for the prints and picture framing industry.
9. Frames aren’t only for hanging and enhancing your favourite art or photo, they also are essential to protecting works from dirt, dust and the sun.
10. Picture frames can be custom made, coming in a vast range of colours, size, materials and styles, filling up a room as a central focal piece or blending into the decor with cherished memories.
Neil Warner Picture can further help you in choosing the best framing material for your frame.
By selecting the most appropriate framing material for you artwork, you will not only help in protecting it, but will also ensure that your framed art is enhanced both in its look and life-span.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.
Neil Warner Pictures is a Bristol based company offering a varied range of framed artwork for interior designers, hospitality, corporate, care homes and individuals. Bespoke art for whatever your needs may be!
Our services include frame design, mounting, manufacture and installation.
We offer a limitless choice of published art prints from print publishing companies alongside our extensive collection of unique images from professional photographers across the uk. You will not find these stunning pictures anywhere else but with us.
We deliver and install our pictures
anywhere in UK
We are not always at our workshop due to installations across the country, please contact us prior visit to avoid any disappointment
Golf Course Lane
Phone: 07934 394063